Undergraduate minimum cumulative 2.70 GPA including transfer courses.
- Minimum credit hours and required courses completed, including AP and transfer, vary according to program area. Check with advisor.
- Standardized test performance
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CORE) Tests passing scores:
UTK (1843) must be coded as a score recipient when registering online at ets.org/praxis.
Applicants who have earned a minimum ENACT of 22 or RSAT combined verbal and math of 1020 are exempt from the Core tests.
Proof of qualifying test score(s) must be submitted if not recorded by UTK.
- Hearing & Speech Screening –Scheduled fall and spring semesters, the day before first class day and Friday of the following week. Report to 331 BEC to complete the required form anytime between 9-11:30 AM or 2-4:30 PM.
- Electronic Application for Admission Board interview—emailed to applicant following completion of requirements.
- Background Check—All applicants are required to complete a fingerprint scan for the background check and must be cleared prior to scheduling an interview. Instructions are included with application email.
- Interview with Admissions Board: Scheduled during the first two weeks of April and November.